POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : how to visualize what you want? : Re: how to visualize what you want? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:27:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: how to visualize what you want?
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 17 Jul 2010 05:44:18
Message: <4c417b72$1@news.povray.org>
On 07/17/2010 04:45 AM, rebeltaz wrote:
> What I am curious about is hard to explain. I guess... how do you 'see' what you
> are designing when you are only working with code. How do you know that the
> camera goes here. How do you that this shape is at these coordinates. I guess I
> am having a hard time understanding how you plot an image that you can't see.

You might find it useful (I do) to create a crude grid out of cylinders
... something that marks <0,0,0> and each of the directions x,y,z
positive and negative (color coded) with some sort of tic mark(s), say
every 5 units ... save it as an include file then conditionally include
when you need it :-)

Jim