POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Things you can't Google : Re: Things you can't Google Server Time
4 Sep 2024 05:17:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Things you can't Google
From: Darren New
Date: 16 Jul 2010 16:14:10
Message: <4c40bd92@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>> Then there's college, often at a university. A "university" here is a
>> college with campuses in more than one city. So you have "University of
>> California San Diego" and "University of California in Berkeley", etc.
>
>   I have never really understood the difference between a college and a
> university in the US

Generally speaking, it's whether you have multiple campuses, or just one. At
least, that's what it was when I went to college.

It has nothing to do with what they teach or how long you attend or anything
like that. Just, basically, size.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    C# - a language whose greatest drawback