POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Things you can't Google : Re: Things you can't Google Server Time
4 Sep 2024 03:16:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Things you can't Google
From: Warp
Date: 16 Jul 2010 15:36:07
Message: <4c40b4a7@news.povray.org>
> Then there's college, often at a university. A "university" here is a
> college with campuses in more than one city. So you have "University of
> California San Diego" and "University of California in Berkeley", etc.

  I have never really understood the difference between a college and a
university in the US (even though both feature prominently and regularly
in many movies and TV series). I have got the impression from somewhere
that college is a kind of "preparation for the university" or something
along those lines, but that might be completely wrong.

--
                                                          - Warp