POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The toughest animals in existence? : Re: The toughest animals in existence? Server Time
3 Sep 2024 23:25:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The toughest animals in existence?
From: Warp
Date: 16 Jul 2010 11:05:21
Message: <4c407530@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> Warp wrote:
> >   I'd say: By far.
> >
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tardigrade

> Somehow, saying that that's "hardcore" seems wholely inadaquat.

> Still, when you're that tiny, forces like gravity and inertia no longer
> apply to you.

  But things like dehydration and radiation (UV or ionizing) do. Also,
I think vacuum and thousands of times normal atmospheric pressure do also
have a significant effect regardless of your size.

  It's a popular thought experiment which animals would survive a nuclear
holocaust. It would probably be safe to say that tardigrades wouldn't even
*notice* such a thing and just mind their business as usual.

--
                                                          - Warp