POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A Sneaking Suspicion : Re: A Sneaking Suspicion Server Time
3 Sep 2024 23:24:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Sneaking Suspicion
From: Invisible
Date: 16 Jul 2010 10:05:56
Message: <4c406744$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>> It hit a BSoD 14 seconds after first boot, yes.
>
> I guess in those days (if you were used to Win98 or WinME) that would
> seem completely normal, whereas today a BSOD usually means something is
> seriously wrong (either hardware fault or seriously buggy driver).

It was more the fact that XP seemed to do that for everybody else as
well. When it first came out, it was legendary for crashing on people.
The company I work for avoided upgrading to it for a long time because
NT was so much more reliable.

Today of course, it's highly unusual for either OS to crash - unless
something is really wrong...