POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A Sneaking Suspicion : Re: A Sneaking Suspicion Server Time
3 Sep 2024 23:26:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Sneaking Suspicion
From: Invisible
Date: 16 Jul 2010 09:04:14
Message: <4c4058ce$1@news.povray.org>
John VanSickle wrote:
> Some (if not all) of the recent updates to WinXP are designed at least
> in part to make WinXP slower and more bloated, with the intent that the
> user get tired of it and upgrade to Win7.

That doesn't even make logical sense.

Win7 is many, many times more bloated than WinXP will ever be. What
you're claiming is something along the lines of "The government have
secretly fitted devices to everybody's 8L sports cars in an attempt to
get them to upgrade to a 1L Suzuki Swift".

Besides, I haven't noticed any significant speed difference. (I *have*,
however, noticed a significant stability difference. When WinXP first
came out, nobody would touch it because it was so damned unstable...)