POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Windows XP : Re: Windows XP Server Time
4 Sep 2024 05:17:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Windows XP
From: Darren New
Date: 15 Jul 2010 20:07:17
Message: <4c3fa2b5$1@news.povray.org>
Tom Austin wrote:
> I think he was getting at that new OS's are faster - on faster hardware
> of course.  But somehow each version of windows is usually much slower -
> even on faster hardware.

I think you're misremembering. Working on Windows used to be PITA slow.

What does it mean for "Windows" to be faster, anyway? Knock your graphics
card down to 640x480x16 and see how fast you can copy files to a floppy?
What part of Windows is "slow" that nevertheless was possible in 1990?

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    C# - a language whose greatest drawback