POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Windows XP : Re: Windows XP Server Time
4 Sep 2024 05:16:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Windows XP
From: nemesis
Date: 15 Jul 2010 17:59:22
Message: <4c3f84ba@news.povray.org>
Warp escreveu:
>   I have heard the claim that Windows is the only operating system where each
> new version has been slower than the previous version (iow. other OS'es, both
> free and commercial, try to always be faster or at the very least equally
> fast than the previous version).

that's obviously not true in the large.  It's certainly possible to
optimize and improve released versions by fixing bugs etc.  So, SP3
Vista is certainly better and faster than BS1 Vista.  But in the long
run, a next iteration of any OS includes far too many new features,
extra APIs and such that it's certainly slower than previous iterations
from years ago.  Try running Ubuntu on 2001 gear... or even some pure
CLI Linux from Scratch based on 2.6 kernel rather than ancient 2.4...

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9