POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : And just in case you had a big POV job to trace... : Re: And just in case you had a big POV job to trace... Server Time
4 Sep 2024 05:13:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: And just in case you had a big POV job to trace...
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 15 Jul 2010 13:58:49
Message: <4c3f4c59$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 08:36:30 +0200, scott wrote:

>> GIYF. ;-)
>>
>> Hint:  It's not your typical off-the-shelf desktop PC.  We're talking
>> very specialized hardware here.
>
> What like this:
>
> http://www.ebuyer.com/product/173974

Yes.  Now go to Best Buy and buy a system based on that system board.
That's what I'm talking about when I say "off the shelf".  I can get
laser pointers pretty much anywhere I go, but to get something more
powerful, you have to go to a place like Wicked Lasers - yes, you can buy
stuff "off the shelf" from them, but they're a specialty vendor, which is
my point.

Jim