POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : And just in case you had a big POV job to trace... : Re: And just in case you had a big POV job to trace... Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:15:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: And just in case you had a big POV job to trace...
From: Warp
Date: 15 Jul 2010 12:06:34
Message: <4c3f3209@news.povray.org>

http://aws.typepad.com/aws/2010/07/the-new-amazon-ec2-instance-type-the-cluster-compute-instance.html

> Rent a quad-core 2HT 2.93GHz 23G RAM 1.5TB disk compute engine for $1.60/hour.

  I wonder if POV-Ray 3.7 could be compiled for this monster:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaguar_%28computer%29

  It has more cores than the maximum number of threads POV-Ray would use for
an average-sized image (iow. you basically get a core for each square to which
the image is subdivided by POV-Ray for rendering).

  A giant poster-sized image could perhaps require rendering more than one
square per core...

--
                                                          - Warp