POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Windows XP : Re: Windows XP Server Time
3 Sep 2024 23:25:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Windows XP
From: Invisible
Date: 15 Jul 2010 11:26:33
Message: <4c3f28a9$1@news.povray.org>
>> Given the number of people screaming and wailing about "Vista sux",
>> this seems a very unlikely explanation.
>
> Really, I think it was "Vista sucked" when it first came out. Much less
> so now. Everything MS makes sucks when it first comes out.
>
> Plus, Win7 from everything I hear fails to suck.

Yes, there has been a distinct lack of complaints about Win7. Most
people are only complaining about things that changed in Vista (and
hence are also in Win7). Things like the way any program named
"install.exe" now pops up a priviledge elivation window, regardless of
whether it needs one. (Oh, and of course the ubiquitous massive slowdown
of the entire system...)

> Plus, I'm pretty sure XP Home sucks more than Vista does. :-)

 From what I hear, Vista Home Basic sucks pretty hard...

Still, given the number of people whining about Vista and saying XP was
much better (not to mention people with old PCs that can't possibly run
Vista or Win7), you'd think XP licenses would be selling like hotcakes.

Oh, wait. I forgot... Other people just *steal* it, right?