POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Random wonderings #37648457 : Re: Random wonderings #37648457 Server Time
4 Sep 2024 05:17:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Random wonderings #37648457
From: Invisible
Date: 15 Jul 2010 10:11:38
Message: <4c3f171a$1@news.povray.org>
>   I wonder if that fact, and the fact that -- is the decrement operator
> in C++, could be used to create a C++/Haskell polyglot.

The other Fun Thing is that Haskell uses "{-" and "-}" as comment
delimiters. (Although I guess those aren't valid fragments in C++.)

Ooo, and not forgetting that Haskell allows you to define "//", "/*" and
"*/" as operator names. :-D

>   (Of course some people could argue that such a thing would be an
> abomination and an affront to everything that is holy and just in this
> world...)

Yes, actually.

Then again, I'm the kind of sick person who occasionally delights in
such things... I guess I had a disturbed childhood or something.