POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : And just in case you had a big POV job to trace... : Re: And just in case you had a big POV job to trace... Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:19:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: And just in case you had a big POV job to trace...
From: Darren New
Date: 14 Jul 2010 13:59:47
Message: <4c3dfb13@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> Though it'd be nice to have one or three. ;-)

I'll just rent em when I need em. :-)

It was funny, tho. I read someone talking about all the "nosql" databases,
and how people were complaining SQL doesn't "scale".  He said "SQL scales
fine. What the people mean is that SQL doesn't scale if you want to use a
commodity piece of hardware like Amazon rents. This is what we have in my
office for testing:" and gives the stats on a 96-CPU 256G RAM SQL processor.
He says "That's the low-end base machine for testing, not the production
system."

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    C# - a language whose greatest drawback