POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : My computer doesn't like heat, what to do? : Re: My computer doesn't like heat, what to do? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 05:17:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My computer doesn't like heat, what to do?
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 14 Jul 2010 08:14:01
Message: <4c3daa09$1@news.povray.org>
On 7/14/2010 3:08 AM, Invisible wrote:

> Yes, that's right. THE FAN IS CONTROLLED IN SOFTWARE! How retarded is
> that? Surely this is a serious fire hazard...

Most can be controlled by software. Usually the BIOS is in charge, but
programs can also alter the fan speed. This is useful for more advanced
monitoring programs like SpeedFan.

My system at home has 4 fan ports on the motherboard (3 case, one CPU,
the CPU and 2 of the case fans can be controlled by PWM)

--
~Mike