POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : My computer doesn't like heat, what to do? : Re: My computer doesn't like heat, what to do? Server Time
3 Sep 2024 23:28:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My computer doesn't like heat, what to do?
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 13 Jul 2010 17:03:09
Message: <4c3cd48d@news.povray.org>

: 4c3c77fe@news.povray.org...
>  This isn't normal. A friend's PC runs almost silent even at these high
> room temperatures. My Xbox360 runs very silently.
>  I have no idea what the problem could be. Any suggestions? I can't use my
> PC because I'm afraid it will break.

Some years ago it happened to my (old) Dell laptop. The fans started going
at full speed when they shouldn't have and the CPU slowed down for no good
reason. After some googling I found that someone had developed an utility to
control the fans manually and it worked perfectly. This utility is only for
Precision/Dell laptops (http://www.diefer.de/i8kfan/ ) but possibly
something like it exists for other brands.

G.