POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Random wonderings #13457681 : Re: Random wonderings #13457681 Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:14:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Random wonderings #13457681
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 12 Jul 2010 13:26:58
Message: <4c3b5062$1@news.povray.org>
>> Except that it's impossible to pronounce that.
>
> It is possible! In german we have words such as
>
> Knopf, Knall, knistern, Knüller

Yeah, but I would imagine that the pronounciation rules for German are
radically different to English anyway.

In Welsh there are words that contain no vowels at all. (Then again,
have you ever heard those people "speak"?)

> If you want, I could provide audio samples to prove that both k and n are
> pronounced without vowel between them in this cases (although I guess you
> could argue, that it froms a new consonant although I would disagree)

I believe I still have an MP3 file on my PC featuring your voice gently
utterly "Lieblich Gedackt"...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/