POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Director's cut : Re: Director's cut Server Time
3 Sep 2024 23:24:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Director's cut
From: Darren New
Date: 12 Jul 2010 12:20:13
Message: <4c3b40bd$1@news.povray.org>
JimT wrote:
> Deckard is brought in to the police station as an old experienced bladerunner -

Wasn't he retired, or did I misremember that?  Certainly *someone* in the
chain of command had to know he's a replicant.

> To repeat myself, having seen the film again, the main reason I think Deckard
> should be human is the rooftop scene.

Yeah. To my mind, it doesn't add anything to the movie to make him a
replicant and it takes away all the moral questions and turns the movie into
Gozilla vs Mothra.

> decades, but do produce adults within a short period that are useful as 'robots'
> in dangerous or unpleasant jobs.

Sure. Fair enough.

> So, the exchange (repeated on voiceover) with the JEO character is
> redundant if Rachel does have the standard 4 year sell by date. I rest my case,
> mainly because I have no more evidence..

I heard it to mean that *everyone* has a sell-by date, human or replicant,
and all you can do is enjoy what life you have. I mean, "but then, who of us
does" clearly refers to humans as well as replicants.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    C# - a language whose greatest drawback