POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Director's cut : Re: Director's cut Server Time
3 Sep 2024 23:24:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Director's cut
From: Darren New
Date: 12 Jul 2010 10:29:17
Message: <4c3b26bd$1@news.povray.org>
JimT wrote:
> to test the new Tyrell employees and get shot by Leon?

Ah. Now it makes sense to me why they would even get a replicant in the
first place. Because it's a dangerous job where you don't want to risk a human.

On the other hand, I'm sure there are tons of people doing dangerous jobs in
that world. And Decker's bosses all treat him like a person. If the idea was
to hide the fact that replicants were being made on Earth, telling half the
police department that they're working with a replicant sounds like a bad idea.

> DOESN'T have a sell by date, but has a gene cut that will allow her to grow old
> and die like a human.

It took it more to mean that we all have sell-by dates, and that you take
what happiness you can while you live, because you never know when you'll
die, and that Rachel would die in her own few years. (Otherwise, why work on
a technology to make replicants think they're human, when you could just let
them grow their own memories?)

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    C# - a language whose greatest drawback