POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Color Separation Prism : Re: Color Separation Prism Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:29:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Color Separation Prism
From: Alain
Date: 9 Jul 2010 14:26:03
Message: <4c3769bb@news.povray.org>

> This may be a trivial question, but I couldn't figure out a way to do it after a
> few searches.
>
> Is it possible to pick off the red, green, and blue components of a light source
> and send them different directions.  Something like this:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three-CCD_camera
>
> I can definitely see how you can reflect just one color at an interface, but not
> how you can reflect one component while the others pass through unaffected
> except for total light intensity.
>
> Thanks in advance!

Prety easy. Take a look at the optics.pov smple scene.

The principle is to have a mirror that reflact a single colour or two
and transmit the part that is not reflected.

This is taken verbatim from the mentioned scene:
#declare RedMirrorTex =
texture {
     pigment {color rgb < 0, 1, 1> filter 1}
     finish {ambient 0 diffuse 0 reflection Red}
}

The pigment let pass the blue and green, while the reflection part
reflect the red part.

Alain