POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The frustration that is MathML : Re: The frustration that is MathML Server Time
4 Sep 2024 05:20:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The frustration that is MathML
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 8 Jul 2010 13:13:31
Message: <4c36073b$1@news.povray.org>
>>> Oh, only a Mandelbrot plotter and an LZW demo and a Huffman
>>> encoder/decoder and...
>>
>> It's not complex javascript until you start dicking with the DOM. :-)
>>

> I would think that a Mandelbrot plotter, an LZW demo and a Huffman
> encoder/decoder would be a /lot/ more complicated than anything you
> could do with the DOM.

Well, the LZW demo doesn't use the DOM at all. There's just a field, and
it reads the contents of that field, and modifies some other fields, all

The Mandelbrot plotter, on the other hand, does use the DOM.
Specifically, I borrowed this trick from Slime: You have a grid of
invisible whitespace elements, and you use the DOM "style" property to
apply CSS styling that turns these elements different colours, greating
primitive "pixels".

Obviously, web browsers are not even slightly designed for this, so it's
horrifyingly inefficient...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/