POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Random wonderings #37648457 : Re: Random wonderings #37648457 Server Time
4 Sep 2024 05:21:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Random wonderings #37648457
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 8 Jul 2010 07:58:56
Message: <4c35bd80$1@news.povray.org>
On 7/8/2010 1:54 AM, scott wrote:

> It's different in the UK, the mains pressure usually equates to about
> 10-50 metres plus of head. Any water from a tank in the roof is usually
> *way* lower pressure than mains. For example you can easily block off a
> fully open hot tap with your thumb with very little force, but it is
> tricky, if not impossible to do the same on a mains pressure cold tap.

Is this everywhere, though? I imagine in Andrew's Building's case that
it could be that his building was on a hill, while the building gets
reasonable pressure on the lower floor, the upper floor might not get
enough. Where I live, there's plenty of water pressure. But, if your
building is taller than the water tower, it'll need a tank to get
pressure to the upper floors.

--
~Mike