POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Random wonderings #37648457 : Re: Random wonderings #37648457 Server Time
4 Sep 2024 05:17:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Random wonderings #37648457
From: clipka
Date: 8 Jul 2010 05:52:48
Message: <4c359ff0$1@news.povray.org>
Am 07.07.2010 17:59, schrieb Invisible:
> Why has nobody yet invented a car door which can be opened half way?
>
> Every car I've ever seen has hinges which try to force the door fully
> open or fully closed. Now you can see why fully closed would be a good
> idea. But if you're parked in a tight space, it's really irritating that
> you can't let go of the door because you'll either get a door in your
> face, or the door will spring open and scratch up the car next to you.
>
> Such a simple problem, yet nobody has solved it. WHY?!! >_<

Because you're once again wrong?

I recall indeed having operated car doors that had two distinctive
"open" positions. Never paid much attention to this though, so I can't
tell what percentage of cars seem to have such a feature.

> Why are the downstairs taps connected to the mains, but the upstairs
> ones connected to a tank? Why do we even *have* a tank??

Maybe because upstairs the water mains pressure drops below atmospheric
pressure (or at least too low to provide any significant throughput) at
peak load times?