POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Boundless talent : Re: Boundless talent Server Time
3 Sep 2024 23:27:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Boundless talent
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 7 Jul 2010 13:32:23
Message: <4c34ba27@news.povray.org>
>>> Some artists struggle but persevere, others do have a natural
>>> knack....And many have to be trained.
>> Well, these guys do work for Valve Corporation, so...
>
> So they may actually have spent years learning how to draw. ;-)

I spent a whole year "learning to draw". As far as I can tell, I learned
absolutely nothing. (The book didn't really help either...)

Actually, no, that's not quite true. I learned why drawing is even hard
in the first place: because humans see things as 3D objects, not 2D
figures. And that means that when you try to copy something, you take
the 2D image, mentally convert it to 3D, and then try to convert back to
2D by hand... which doesn't work at all. The solution is to directly
draw what the eye sees, not what the mind interprets.

Of course, I still have *no frickin' clue* how to do that.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/