POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Random wonderings #37648457 : Random wonderings #37648457 Server Time
3 Sep 2024 23:26:05 EDT (-0400)
  Random wonderings #37648457
From: Invisible
Date: 7 Jul 2010 11:59:30
Message: <4c34a462$1@news.povray.org>
Why has nobody yet invented a car door which can be opened half way?

Every car I've ever seen has hinges which try to force the door fully
open or fully closed. Now you can see why fully closed would be a good
idea. But if you're parked in a tight space, it's really irritating that
you can't let go of the door because you'll either get a door in your
face, or the door will spring open and scratch up the car next to you.

Such a simple problem, yet nobody has solved it. WHY?!! >_<

Why are the downstairs taps connected to the mains, but the upstairs
ones connected to a tank? Why do we even *have* a tank??

http://xkcd.com/156/

How do you do this in Haskell / Eiffel / any other languages that
perversely chose "--" as the comment marker?