POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Got bottle : Re: Got bottle Server Time
3 Sep 2024 23:30:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Got bottle
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 6 Jul 2010 13:12:18
Message: <4c3363f2$1@news.povray.org>
On 7/6/2010 9:05 AM, Invisible wrote:
> JimT wrote:
>
>> though I suppose you need to be as old as me to talk about c rather
>> than Aleph_1
>
> The cardinallity of the continuum is equal to Beth-one, which is equal
> to Aleph-one if and only if the continuum hypothesis holds. And the
> continuum hypothesis is independent of the axioms of ZFC, so...

What is Aleph-null? Is it the set of all integers? or is it something a
little different. I know it's basically a different sort of infinity...

[A Quick wiki detour later] Oh, Aleph-Null is basically any infinite
set, Aleph-One would be a set of all ordinals (positive integers and 0)
.. Interesting

--
~Mike