POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : background alpha and anti aliasing : Re: background alpha and anti aliasing Server Time
30 Jun 2024 17:14:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: background alpha and anti aliasing
From: Warp
Date: 4 Jul 2010 06:16:27
Message: <4c305f7b@news.povray.org>
Mr <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Hi, I am using a background with transmit to 1 in PNG format and it behaves
> exactly like I want it to (it's colored, and it's removable). I just didn't find
> how to remove the white outline I get when using anti aliasing?

  The background color getting mixed with antialiased pixels (as well as
semi-transparent surfaces) is a design mistake in 3.7beta which hopefully
will be corrected at some point.

  POV-Ray 3.5 behaved the same way, and it made the +UA option quite
useless (except in the cases where you deliberately *don't* use antialiasing
nor (semi)transparent surfaces), so the behavior was fixed in POV-Ray 3.6,
which works properly in this respect.

  The behavior was reverted to the same as 3.5 when the code was redesigned
in 3.7beta. It should be fixed back to the way 3.6 does it before the final
release.

--
                                                          - Warp