POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Am I going to die? : Re: Am I going to die? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:20:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Am I going to die?
From: Stephen
Date: 4 Jul 2010 03:50:53
Message: <4c303d5d@news.povray.org>
On 04/07/2010 12:54 AM, somebody wrote:
> "Stephen"<mca### [at] aolDOTcom>  wrote in message
>
>> On 03/07/2010 1:59 PM, somebody wrote:
>>> "Stephen"<mca### [at] aolDOTcom>   wrote in message

>>> Why?
>
>> Because:

>> As we get older we get more decrepit and eventually that would be
>> unbearable.
>
> Since a large proportion of old people die a "natural" death instead of
> committing suicide, I don't agree that there's an age (teenages included)
> where life becomes unbearable.

Boredom, anomie, jadedness, the loss of cognitive powers, not to mention
lack of fulfilment add up to an unappetising prospect. Life is not a
book it hurts a lot for most people.

> So I would not wish for somebody, or myself (!), to die no matter how old they are.

Nor do I unless they wish it.

>  But more to the point, you cannot
> keep on becoming more and more decrepid if you are not to die - at worst you
> reach an asymptote, but more likely, curing of death involves maintaining a
> high level of health.

You want health and happiness too? This does not sound like the human
condition. ;-)

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen