POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Half the battle : Re: Half the battle Server Time
3 Sep 2024 23:28:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Half the battle
From: Darren New
Date: 3 Jul 2010 16:24:22
Message: <4c2f9c76$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> That's the trouble; many of these classes are so damned general that
> it's hard to come up with a metaphore that encompasses all of them.

Well, that's why it's difficult. I didn't say it was easy. I said you should
do it. :-)  Think about how you use it, write up a paragraph of why you'd
use each item. Don't write it up in terms of what it does. Write it up in
terms of why you would want to use it.  It's not "something that has a map".
It's "something you can use when you want to .... what?"  And it doesn't
have to be precise. It has to be simple enough that someone will look at it,
then once they're comfortable with it, they say "Hey, I could do this a lot
easier with Functor" or something.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    C# - a language whose greatest drawback