POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Merge hundreds of images together? : Re: Merge hundreds of images together? Server Time
3 Sep 2024 23:27:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Merge hundreds of images together?
From: Kevin Wampler
Date: 2 Jul 2010 17:34:11
Message: <4c2e5b53$1@news.povray.org>
Shay wrote:
> Warp wrote:
>> Shay <sha### [at] nonenone> wrote:
>>> Using Linux?
>>
>>> A BIT on-topic; Pictures produced using POV animation.
>>
>>> composite frame0.png frame1.png ...... frame9.png merged.png
>>> gives a poor result.

I wrote a utility to do this a while back (but I'm on vacation so
unfortunately I won't be able to find and post it for a while).  At any
rate, the trick was to average pairs of images in a binary tree pattern
until you're left with a single image at the root.  In this way you
avoid the problems with limited precision that you get using the naive
approach.  So long as you have a utility to average a pair of images it
should be easy to write a script to do this.