POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Small math/programming problem : Re: Small math/programming problem Server Time
18 May 2024 11:23:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Small math/programming problem
From: Invisible
Date: 1 Jul 2010 06:43:28
Message: <4c2c7150@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>> .....1,549,498,368
>
> I recognise those last 6 digits!  I think I got them from my program,
> but then my method was too slow to do any more digits in reasonable time.

Heh. Could be just fluke.

I'm still not 100% certain that my program works. For example, the
exponent is reduced as per the modulus too, which could affect the
answer. As a quick check, I tried rerunning with 20 digits:

.......1,225,862,901,549,498,368

So the digits don't change by making the calculation wider. Which
presumably means it's wide enough not to screw up the answer. (Or it's a
very big fluke. You never know - mathematics is like that!)