POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Bug in expiry code : Re: Bug in expiry code Server Time
1 Jul 2024 14:43:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bug in expiry code
From: Dre
Date: 30 Jun 2010 23:30:15
Message: <4c2c0bc7$1@news.povray.org>
"SharkD" <pos### [at] gmailcom> wrote in message
> On 6/30/2010 11:03 PM, Dre wrote:
>> Suggestion:  Leave the expiry code out completely, it seems to cause more
>> problems than its worth...
>>
>> Cheers Dre
>>

> Agreed. Why not just prompt users to download the next version once it
> becomes available instead? POV-Ray seems to be able to check for updates
> if what I see in the program menus is true.
>

> --
> http://isometricland.com

I'd rather no prompts at all the be honest.

Personally when I fire up an application, I just want to use it, I dont want
to stuff around with pop up windows and other nag windows, I just want to
get in there and type.

Something subtle would be my preference, such as say the small picture top
right of the screen (I would describe it better, but my pov wont work atm as
it has expired for some reason :)  The pic could change to something else
that describes a new release (a big B letter perhaps).  This way people know
the version they are using is old and that a new one is available, further
more it doesn't interfear with user trying to work.

Cheers Dre