POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Struggling with gamma... : Re: Struggling with gamma... Server Time
2 Jul 2024 10:24:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Struggling with gamma...
From: clipka
Date: 26 Jun 2010 16:33:58
Message: <4c266436$1@news.povray.org>
Am 26.06.2010 22:06, schrieb Gyscos:
> Okay, I wasn't clear enough : when I meant the preview and the file being
> identical, I meant the preview and how the file was supposed to be displayed...
> Then, they should be identical, right ?...

How /is/ the file supposed to be displayed?

I think there can be no doubt that, technically speaking, it is supposed
to be displayed the way POV-Ray computed it.

But if the /preview/ doesn't display the image the way POV-Ray computed
it, how can the preview look identical to a file that does?

And PNG files always do look the way they were computed, provided you're
using a gamma-aware viewer (like, say, Firefox).

> I'm trying to use the no-parameters-yet-still-pretty-bright-for-me way, but...
> Daah, it really does look bright (transitions from light to dark are much much
> more violent)... :-/

You care to show an example? Maybe we can help you out with ideas how to
fix what's bugging you.