POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Representing satisfiability in SQL relations : Re: Representing satisfiability in SQL relations Server Time
4 Sep 2024 05:15:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Representing satisfiability in SQL relations
From: Darren New
Date: 25 Jun 2010 18:03:50
Message: <4c2527c6$1@news.povray.org>
SharkD wrote:
> Something like that. Also, Google "SQL JOIN" if your data is spread
> across multiple tables.

Err, no.  The point of my question was that I don't know it's ratings,
publishers, etc.  All I know is that there are tags.

Think of (say) ID3 tags, or arbitrary user tags. I know how to store that in
SQL. I want to know how to make arbitrary queries against the data. Or,
rather, how best to represent arbitrary queries.

Or, in other words, what would you use to store

WHERE Publisher = "Warner Brothers"
AND Language IN("Arabic","French")
AND Rating != "R"
AND Media IN("DVD","VHS")

into relational tables rather than a stored procedure?

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    C# - a language whose greatest drawback