POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Win7 woes... : Re: Win7 woes... Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:19:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Win7 woes...
From: Darren New
Date: 25 Jun 2010 18:02:11
Message: <4c252763$1@news.povray.org>
SharkD wrote:
> OK, here's an image of what's going on in my system when it's idling:

If it's really idle, I'm susprised you have a page fault delta of almost
5000. Even with stuff running in the background (music, sidebar, etc) I'm
getting only a small PFDelta (<200) on Vista.

Find the resource monitor that looks like this:

http://www.techsupportalert.com/files/images/rm_overview_1.jpg

On Vista, there's a "resource monitor" button on the task manager
performance page. Or type it into the control panel or start bar or
something, to search?

It'll tell you what actual files etc are being accessed.

But, really, it doesn't look like it should be slow. As folks have said, it
doesn't look very busy.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    C# - a language whose greatest drawback