POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Calling Germany : Re: Calling Germany Server Time
3 Sep 2024 23:25:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Calling Germany
From: Darren New
Date: 25 Jun 2010 12:36:25
Message: <4c24db09$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> I was under the impression that I just need to dail 0049,

I always hate when people put international numbers on web sites and then
tell you how to dial them from inside their own country.

The number should be "+49 ....".  But I see all kinds of "call 01049..."
kinds of crap that doesn't even apply on half the phones in one country.

Try dialing "+49..." on your cell phone and see what you get.

Like in the USA, half the people advertise their number as a "1-800 number".
A number in the 800 area code is toll-free. The only reason there's a 1 on
front is that switches commonly in use when 800 numbers were first coming
around needed you to dial a 1 to tell it there's an area code coming up. And
even tho "1" is the USA country code (it's good to be the king), you can't
dial +1-800-... from outside the USA and get to where you want to go. So
advertising it as a 1-800 number is *wrong*. :-)

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    Eiffel - The language that lets you specify exactly