POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Calling Germany : Re: Calling Germany Server Time
3 Sep 2024 23:27:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Calling Germany
From: clipka
Date: 25 Jun 2010 12:12:30
Message: <4c24d56e$1@news.povray.org>
Am 25.06.2010 17:01, schrieb Invisible:

>> Could it possibly be that you need to dial another 0 to dial out of
>> your office's internal phone network?
>
> No. I'm using my mobile phone.

Then just dial "+49" instead of the inner-German "0" and you should be
fine (give the "*" key a long press to get the "+").

> The fun part is, even if I manage to get through, they probably all
> speak German anyway... Isn't Internet ordering fun? :-S

There's a long tradition of learning English as the first foreign
language at German schools, so you can expect at least the question "Do
you speak English?" to be understood. Typical answer would be "a bit",
and chances are you'll be able to communicate with them in your native
language. Virtually nobody will expect you to try to speak German.

Make sure though to choose a low transmission rate, do your best to
improve the signal-to-noise ratio, and expect some retransmission
requests ;-).