POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Latest Logicsim build ... : Re: LogicWorks rev #6 Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:15:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: LogicWorks rev #6
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 25 Jun 2010 09:55:53
Message: <4c24b569@news.povray.org>
On 6/25/2010 8:17 AM, Invisible wrote:

> I think I'll post it on our Haskell newsgroup, if that's OK?

Yeah, that'll work/

>> 660 doesn't seem like much in terms of code size. I'm pretty sure my
>> program is a few more lines. ;)
>
> We're talking about a programming language where quicksort is 2 lines of
> code. 660 is pretty huge. ;-)

I see (I think ...)

>> Right now I'm attempting to move a lot of the interaction stuff into
>> separate modules outside of the main control.
>
> Heh, yeah, good luck with that. ;-)

Yeahhhh... It's a bit of challenge from the design standpoint.

> Yeah, I put a couple of trivial libraries onto Hackage [the central
> Haskell package DB]. One person complained that the RGB colourspace
> isn't linear [which obviously it damned-well should be]. Somebody else
> said that my vector package did the same thing as an already-existing
> package. That kind of thing. But for the most part, nobody even noticed.
> Trust me, people notice you way, way less than you think...

Ach... true, tho as someone once said (on people talking amongst
themselves in their own national language, in particular in the US that
would be Spanish) You're just not that interesting to other people.
They're speaking in their own language because they're more comfortable
doing that. My wife knows Spanish very well. She can back that up.
Usually it's just mundane family stuff or gossip about work.

>> I get nice comments from people I work with regarding my code, but
>> those are co-workers... they have to be nice. ;)
>
> Do they?? o_O

Eh, it makes it easier to work with others if you're nice to them. :)

--
~Mike