POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Latest Logicsim build ... : Re: LogicWorks rev #6 Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:17:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: LogicWorks rev #6
From: Invisible
Date: 25 Jun 2010 09:17:11
Message: <4c24ac57$1@news.povray.org>
>> Anyway, I could show you the code if you _want_, but... it's kinda
>> large. (And most of it is just searching for or storing data, which
>> isn't tremendously interesting.)
>
> Yeah, show me ... :)

You'll be sorry. ;-)

I think I'll post it on our Haskell newsgroup, if that's OK?

> 660 doesn't seem like much in terms of code size. I'm pretty sure my
> program is a few more lines. ;)

We're talking about a programming language where quicksort is 2 lines of
code. 660 is pretty huge. ;-)

The main reason I keep individual files small is to make it faster to
navigate. I don't like having to scroll through pages and pages to get
to where I want. But hey...

I wouldn't even mind so much, but a lot of the code is fairly mundane.
Insert this value, delete that one, search for this key, etc.

> Right now I'm attempting to move a lot of the interaction stuff into
> separate modules outside of the main control.

Heh, yeah, good luck with that. ;-)

> Posting the source for all to see has made me a bit ... nervous, though.
> This is the first time I've actually gone open-source on something and I
> feel a bit vulnerable and open to ridicule... no one has yet... but it
> could happen.

Yeah, I put a couple of trivial libraries onto Hackage [the central
Haskell package DB]. One person complained that the RGB colourspace
isn't linear [which obviously it damned-well should be]. Somebody else
said that my vector package did the same thing as an already-existing
package. That kind of thing. But for the most part, nobody even noticed.
Trust me, people notice you way, way less than you think...

> I get nice comments from people I work with regarding my
> code, but those are co-workers... they have to be nice. ;)

Do they?? o_O