POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Latest Logicsim build ... : Re: LogicWorks rev #6 Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:20:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: LogicWorks rev #6
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 25 Jun 2010 08:43:18
Message: <4c24a466$1@news.povray.org>
On 6/24/2010 10:36 AM, Invisible wrote:

> Anyway, I could show you the code if you _want_, but... it's kinda
> large. (And most of it is just searching for or storing data, which
> isn't tremendously interesting.)

Yeah, show me ... :)

660 doesn't seem like much in terms of code size. I'm pretty sure my
program is a few more lines. ;)

Right now I'm attempting to move a lot of the interaction stuff into
separate modules outside of the main control. Problem is there's a ton
of interdependency between the user interaction code an the actual
control (big surprise there) I'm thinking about nesting the interaction
modules into the main control so I can keep the protected and private
stuff protected and private (One thing C# lacks that can be a bit
irksome sometimes is the lack of a friend declaration for classes that
are tightly coupled to a particular class. (Yeah... I know-- coupling
between classes should be loose, but in some situations it makes sense.)

Posting the source for all to see has made me a bit ... nervous, though.
This is the first time I've actually gone open-source on something and I
feel a bit vulnerable and open to ridicule... no one has yet... but it
could happen. I get nice comments from people I work with regarding my
code, but those are co-workers... they have to be nice. ;)

--
~Mike