POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Representing satisfiability in SQL relations : Re: Representing satisfiability in SQL relations Server Time
3 Sep 2024 23:25:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Representing satisfiability in SQL relations
From: Darren New
Date: 24 Jun 2010 14:11:57
Message: <4c239fed$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> So, basically, I want to be able to express a fairly general boolean
> equation on an arbitrary collection of variables and store it as a SQL
> table.

Just to clarify, this doesn't have to be fast. I'm just looking for a
structured representation. I'm happy to do multiple searches and such, since
the result will be cached and only regenerated for the collections that
change or when movies are added or whatever.

I'm just trying to avoid storing the selection criterion as a big TEXT blob
that looks like an equation.

I'm thinking like a table of "has all of", a table of "has some of" and a
table of "has none of", for example, except I'm not sure that's flexible enough.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    Eiffel - The language that lets you specify exactly