POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Representing satisfiability in SQL relations : Representing satisfiability in SQL relations Server Time
3 Sep 2024 23:28:20 EDT (-0400)
  Representing satisfiability in SQL relations
From: Darren New
Date: 24 Jun 2010 14:00:15
Message: <4c239d2f$1@news.povray.org>
Basically, I have a bunch of entries in a database. Call em movies. Each is
tagged with a collection of arbitrary tags: release date, studio, genre,
etc. There's no specific collection of tags, but each tag is either present
or absent, with no other associated value.

Now I want to represent groups of movies. I want to be able to say, for
example, movies that are from Warner Brothers, and that have arabic *or*
french subtitles, but aren't rated R, that are out on DVD or out on VHS, ...

So, basically, I want to be able to express a fairly general boolean
equation on an arbitrary collection of variables and store it as a SQL table.

However, I haven't been able to figure out the google terms that might
actually give me something other than a tutorial for using the boolean type
in SQL.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    Eiffel - The language that lets you specify exactly