POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : ReactOS : Re: ReactOS Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:16:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ReactOS
From: Invisible
Date: 24 Jun 2010 10:33:39
Message: <4c236cc3$1@news.povray.org>
John VanSickle wrote:

> There may be a term in the EULA which prohibits reverse engineering.  It
> does not strike me as terribly likely that someone managed to write a
> Windows OS clone without doing that.

Depends on what you count as "reverse engineering". If you just mean
"disassembly", then I'd say you probably can write something functional
just by reading the API documentation and running tests to see how the
M$ implementation behaves in various situations. If you count "running
tests to see how the M$ implementation behaves" as reverse engineering
then no, not really...