POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : ReactOS : Re: ReactOS Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:15:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ReactOS
From: Invisible
Date: 24 Jun 2010 10:31:36
Message: <4c236c48@news.povray.org>
>> You *can* do stuff with it, but it's very unreliable.
>
> Sounds like perfect Windows emulation to me!

Heheh. What, you mean like this?

http://www.slimeland.com/winsim/

I would say, Win 3.x was quite reliable (then again, it doesn't *do*
anything), Win 9x was fairly unstable, Win NT was much better, Win XP
was initially hopeless, and now Win XP has got to the point where it
usually works just fine. Certinaly it doesn't crash just because you
open Notepad; ReactOS does. Like, in ReactOS, you can just open an
Explorer window, click on a few things, and then you notice that the
mouse has stopped moving and the system is using 100% CPU, and the
keyboard isn't responding, and...

I haven't seen the Blue Screen of Death from ReactOS yet. Maybe they
haven't implemented that part?