POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Win7 woes... : Re: Win7 woes... Server Time
4 Sep 2024 01:20:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Win7 woes...
From: Darren New
Date: 24 Jun 2010 00:36:54
Message: <4c22e0e6$1@news.povray.org>
SharkD wrote:
> I will try and take a screenshot after a fresh reboot. I don't
> understand the values enough to interpret them myself.

Oh, and also look at how much memory is used up. I don't know about Win7,
but on Vista, the "resource monitor" is pretty good for naive analysis of
performance problems.

Does Win7 have the whole "welcome center" bit with the "system performance"
measurement? That might point out where the problems are too. Maybe if your
graphics card doesn't support 3D graphics and you're still telling the
system to do that anyway, it could be a problem. Try switching the theme to
an older theme (Areo Basic or Classic or something) and see if it's still
slow. If not, you've found the problem.

And again, this is all based on Vista info. I don't know if the same things
are in the same places on Win7.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    Eiffel - The language that lets you specify exactly