POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Win7 woes... : Re: Win7 woes... Server Time
4 Sep 2024 01:16:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Win7 woes...
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 23 Jun 2010 17:28:06
Message: <4c227c66$1@news.povray.org>
SharkD wrote:
> I recently got Win7 and am now using it as my primary OS. It's certainly
> flashy, but the sluggishness of the UI is really getting me down.
>
> Maybe my PC is too weak (2.4GHz single core Celeron with 3GB RAM), but
> I'm starting to really regret switching from XP.

At work, I run Win7 *in a VM* and don't notice much speed difference.
(The install took *years*, however.) I'm running on a 2.0 GHz Core2 Duo
with 2GB RAM. (Only 1GB is actually assigned to the VM, and only a
single core.) So I'm guessing your PC is too weak. (Or, more accurately,
Win7 is too inefficient.)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/