POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Win7 woes... : Win7 woes... Server Time
4 Sep 2024 01:19:00 EDT (-0400)
  Win7 woes...
From: SharkD
Date: 23 Jun 2010 15:25:23
Message: <4c225fa3$1@news.povray.org>
I recently got Win7 and am now using it as my primary OS. It's certainly
flashy, but the sluggishness of the UI is really getting me down.

When opening new windows (especially File Manager) there's a much too
noticeable delay as different portions of the window get filled. First
I'll see the outer edge of the window, then the different panels fill
in, then the panels get populated with objects. The navigation pane is
especially painful, as it needs to display the new folder libraries,
homegroup, favorites, etc. It happens pretty frequently that I'll try
and click on an item, and in the interim in which I try to point the
mouse at it the position of the item changes because new stuff got
filled in. The "Open File" and "Save File" dialogs and the new grouped
taskbar items suffer from the same problem.

Maybe my PC is too weak (2.4GHz single core Celeron with 3GB RAM), but
I'm starting to really regret switching from XP.

--
http://isometricland.com