POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : ReactOS : Re: ReactOS (pictures) Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:14:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ReactOS (pictures)
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 23 Jun 2010 13:43:09
Message: <4c2247ad$1@news.povray.org>
On 6/23/2010 10:19 AM, SharkD wrote:
> On 6/22/2010 1:12 PM, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>> All of which is of course completely irrelevant, since every single tiny
>> aspect of all M$ products are covered by 80,000,000 patents, so if this
>> product ever starts actually working properly, the developers will still
>> be sued off the face of the Earth.
>

> How long do software patents last? I would guess that in the same amount
> of time hardware and virtualization speeds would have increased so much
> that you might as well just run the *actual* OS in VMWare or whatever.

lol More like, for so long, at this point, that you could build a VMWare
version that "mimics" 4 core processors, while running it on 64 cores,
while using only 2GB or the 16TB of memory available to your 5 year old
computer system. The patent system is that screwed up, from what I have
seen.

--
void main () {
     if version = "Vista" {