POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Subdivision surfaces : Re: Subdivision surfaces Server Time
30 Jun 2024 13:25:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Subdivision surfaces
From: clipka
Date: 22 Jun 2010 16:36:52
Message: <4c211ee4$1@news.povray.org>
Am 22.06.2010 20:17, schrieb stbenge:

> Would anyone apart from SharkD and myself like to see subdivision
> surfaces added to 3.7? POV-Sub's implementation* was perfect and easy to
> use. I replied to SharkD's feature request over at bugs.povray.org and
> listed some reasons explaining the benefits of this feature:

While I do agree that it seems to be an interesting feature, I don't
think that it can be considered just a very small change; plus, the
author's copyright statement seems to be problematic regarding the
current plans to move POV-Ray to a GPL licensing scheme.

All in all I don't see it making its way into the 3.7 release. Some
later version... maybe.