POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Stupid question time : Re: Stupid question time Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:19:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stupid question time
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 22 Jun 2010 14:33:04
Message: <4c2101e0$1@news.povray.org>
>> Oh, sure, I'm not disputing that. I'm just wondering where the hell some
>> random user who can barely operate Notepad has heard of pipe-delimited
>> files from...
>
> Probably a vendor that they interact with who said "we need/will provide
> files in this format".

I got the impression that she created one of these files by mistake, and
then whoever else she was interacting with rewrote the spec to match.
Which still leaves the question "how the hell did you manage to do this
in the first place?" Oh well.

> The perhaps surprising thing is that Excel and oocalc both don't have an
> option built in for exporting files in that format, given that they are
> so widely used.

Yeah, I had assumed it would be there...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/