POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Stupid question time : Re: Stupid question time Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:15:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stupid question time
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 22 Jun 2010 13:19:23
Message: <4c20f09b$1@news.povray.org>
>> So each time you analyse a set of samples, there is a linear
>> conversion, but it's different each time.
>
> Only if the cross sectional area or length of the sample is different.
>
> You really need to read up on the physical properties of materials.

Well, sure. I mean, it's not like the resistence of a diode varies with
voltage.

Oh, wait, actually that's exactly what it does. :-P

So what makes you so certain that passing a current through a sample
can't cause some kind of chemical reaction that affects its electrical
characteristics, given that we don't even know what the hell this
machine is or what it does?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/